Ugh... just saw an enormous rat chewing on some of the new wiring. Funny we never had a problem with them before, when the house was still open to pretty much all the elements.
I try to be compassionate to all creatures, but I won't have rats chewing the wiring. I shooed it out into the garden, but it was very slow in going. I've heard the insulation of the wiring is very tasty to them. I'll have to look up some humane rat repellent before this becomes an issue.
The last thing we need is for the power to go out. :\