Pages

Monday, February 28

#6 Suicidal

I was never the kind of person to... inflict myself on others. I had no friends, didn't have anything in common with my family. But I was adrift, ungrounded, I was desperate for human contact. I was screaming and no one could hear me. I wanted to shake people and ask them why they couldn't hear me when I heard everything that went on in their hearts.

I had more in common with trees than I did with my fellow human beings, and long experience had taught me that my words were unwanted and my needs were unwelcome.

The idea that I might leave behind a body which someone else would have to deal with made me cringe with shame. Pills? No. Cut my wrists? No. But throwing myself into a quarry... that was a very real possibility and that scared me because I could see myself doing it. No one would find my body, at least not while it was still gooey, and so no one would have to clean up after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment